The 2nd Quarter 2016 edition of the PNNA’s publication, The Nor’wester, is now available online at http://pnna.org/news/pdf/PNNAnews2016_Q2.pdf. Like last year, this is a 16-page spring convention special edition with eight color pages. Here’s a summary of the contents:
- Important information about the upcoming annual PNNA convention in Tukwila (Apr. 22-24), including a welcome message by General Chairman Kevin Charboneau.
- PNNA President’s message by Danny Bisgaard.
- An interesting feature article, “Letters to the Rescue!” (about National Currency) by Tom Tullis, which will also be an exhibit at the convention.
- A summary of PNNA and ANA news available online, including information about National Coin Week.
- Advertisements by ANACS, Heritage Auctions and local PNNA dealers.
Back issues are also available at http://www.pnna.org/news/norwester_online.html.
The PNNA is also having an election for Board of Directors for the 2016-2018 term, plus a Bylaws amendment. You must be a PNNA member to receive a ballot. If you are a current member and did not receive a ballot, please contact email@example.com.
Once again, thank you for your interest in the PNNA, and I hope to see you in Tukwila.
TO ALL MEMBERS OF THE PNNA: (by election chairman Bill McKivor)
It is time once again to pick those who would lead us for the next two years. We are looking for a few great people to serve as officers and on the board of directors.
Please consider service to the club, if you have time it is more than worthwhile. You get to know many people in the numismatic community, and get to meet collectors of nearly every possible phase of coin, token, and medal collecting, and help guide the PNNA to bigger and better things. The term of office is 2014-2016.
Thus, we are looking for nominees. If you would like to run for any of the offices, President, Vice President, Treasurer, or Secretary — or for the board of directors — please contact me.
We need to have a slate of candidates by the first of March, an election soon after, and the results will be announced at the PNNA Convention in Tukwila on May 3rd.
If you are a member of the board, and have not contacted me with an OK to run again, please do, as I cannot enter anyone’s name without permission. And if you are a person just now thinking about helping the PNNA with your hands and your heart, I shall happily sign you up to run. — Bill McKivor, Election Chairman, ph. (206) 244-8345, address PO Box 46135, Seattle, WA 98146 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.