Bob Everett Memorial Award Winners
All winners receive a monetary award of $150 to $250 (depending on interest rates) and have their name engraved on a perpetual plaque maintained by the PNNA. Beginning in 2014, winners also receive their own personal plaque.
For ANA events in Portland referenced below, see ANA Conventions and Shows in Portland, Oregon – 1998 to 2015.
1999 – Larry Rowe
Larry was recognized in part because of his outstanding service as General Chairman of the 1998 ANA Convention in Portland.
2000 – Jim Payne
Jim was recognized for his outstanding work with the Boeing Employees’ Coin Club, including promotion of the state quarters.
2001 – Eric Holcomb
Eric was recognized in part for his outstanding work in establishing and maintaining the PNNA website!
2002 – Del Cushing
Del was recognized in part for his long time involvement with the numismatic hobby nationally as well as here in the Northwest. Photo: Del (left) receives the award from Scott Loos.
2003 – Ray Mah
Mah, from Vancouver, British Columbia, is the first Canadian winner of the award. Ray was very active in numismatics, including the PNNA, for 40 years. Photo: Del Cushing (right) presents the award to Ray Mah (left) after the convention.
2004 – Richard “Dick” Billings
Dick has served as PNNA convention general chairman since 2001. In addition to working tirelessly on behalf of the PNNA, Dick has also been active in the Seattle Numismatic Society and other numismatic organizations.
2005 – Joseph Boling
Joe has contributed to the PNNA in many ways over the years, including service as secretary/treasurer, exhibit chief judge and Puyallup Fair coordinator.
2006 – Larry Gaye
Larry has contributed to the PNNA and the ANA for a number of years, including service as PNNA president, and service as general chairman of the 2004 ANA spring convention in Portland.
2007 – Walter Ostromecki
Walt (left) enjoys traveling to the Northwest, and has run the popular program for Young Numismatists at PNNA conventions for several years. The award was presented by 2006 recipient and PNNA President Larry Gaye.
2008 – Scott Loos
Scott is the PNNA’s Treasurer and Bourse Chairman, and is also a PNNA Past President. He is also active with the ANA, and served as General Chairman of the 2009 ANA National Money Show in Portland.
2009 – James Reinders
James was recognized in part for his outstanding work organizing the Boy and Girl Scout programs at the 2009 ANA National Money Show in Portland.
2010 – Richard “Dick” Cowley (Photo not available.)
Richard was recognized for his work with the Olympia Coin Club, including the club’s successful National Coin Week efforts.
2011 – Mike Labosier (left), PNNA treasurer and Tukwila convention general chairman, received the Everett Award from award committee chairman Danny Bisgaard (right).
2012 – Lisa Loos (left), outgoing PNNA President, received the Everett Award from award committee chairman Danny Bisgaard (right).
2013 – Rick Schulz (right), PNNA Director and Puyallup Fair coordinator (among other activities), received the Everett Award from award committee chairman Danny Bisgaard (left).
2014 – William (Bill) McKivor (right), longtime PNNA Director and British token and medal dealer (among other activities), received the Everett Award from PNNA president and award committee chairman Danny Bisgaard (left).
2015 – Ed Fischer (left), PNNA Director and 75th anniversary/medals chair, received the Everett Award from PNNA president and award committee chairman Danny Bisgaard (right).
2016 – Danny Bisgaard (left), outgoing PNNA President, received the Everett Award from incoming PNNA president James Reinders (right). Thanks, Danny, for your outstanding service to Northwest numismatics in several capacities including general chairman for the 2015 ANA show in Portland.
2017 – Tony Kalt (left), PNNA Director and president of the Boeing Employees’ Coin Club, received the Everett Award from PNNA president James Reinders (right).
2018 – John Brown
John was recognized for his extensive service to the PNNA (including as secretary), as well as to numismatics in the Salem and Portland areas.
2019 – Terri and Gary Yurkas (center) received the Everett Award from Kevin Charboneau (left) and Rick Schulz (right). They were recognized for their extensive involvement with South Sound clubs from Tacoma to Olympia, and also service at the annual Washington State Fair in Puyallup.
2020 – Kevin Charboneau has done an outstanding job as the spring convention general chairman.
- Also see the PNNA memorial page.
- We regret to announce the death in September 2018 of longtime PNNA Honorary Life Member and former editor Del Cushing. See the president’s message in the 4th Q 2018 issue of The Nor’wester for more details.
- We regret to announce that Larry Rowe, the first Everett award recipient in 1999, died on October 3, 2014.
- We regret to announce that Jim Payne died in September of 2005.
- We regret to announce that well-known Vancouver coin collector, club promoter, and show organizer Ray Mah died suddenly of stomach cancer on 31 July 2004. Mah was the 2003 recipient of the Bob Everett award. Mah, who received the award after the convention, said “I was both shocked and surprised to receive the award presented to me by Del Cushing. He happened to be visiting me on his trip to Vancouver Island (him and Mary stayed overnight) and he said he had something for me. What a surprise when he handed me the award and a cheque!” Ray Mah continued, “We all know that the hobby exists due to the dedication of many and that we participate for the love of numismatics, but to receive an acknowledgement for my efforts was so unexpected. My thanks to the PNNA and everybody that is involved in forwarding the goals of our hobby.”