PNNA receives ANA Exemplary Service Award! The PNNA was pleased to receive the 2015 Exemplary Service Award from the American Numismatic Association (ANA). The award was presented at the ANA World’s Fair of Money in Chicago/Rosemont, Illinois. As noted by the ANA, “the organization (PNNA) serves collectors and dealers in the Pacific Northwest region and has been an important asset to the ANA.” Examples of PNNA activities benefiting the hobby and the ANA include co-hosting of ANA national shows (1998, 2004, 2009 and 2015), conducting ANA seminars, staffing a hobby information booth at the Washington State Fair in Puyallup, and sponsoring ANA Summer Seminar scholarships for both adults and young numismatists. Thank you, ANA! See The Numismatist, Sept. 2015, p. 78, for an article with additional information and a photo.
Another great year! 2015 was another great year for the PNNA, with the 75th anniversary celebration, the usual conventions in Tukwila and Portland, the March 2015 ANA show in Portland, plus other activities.
- PNNA-Willamette Coin Club 11th Annual Fall Convention & Coin Show
October 17-18, 2015 in Portland, OR (Dealer/exhibitor setup on Oct. 16)
- Washington State (Puyallup) Fair
September 11-27, 2015 in Puyallup, WA
No volunteer is knowledgeable about all aspects of numismatics – if your question wasn’t answered or if you were unable to attend the Fair, please e-mail your question to email@example.com, and it will be directed to a local expert.
- ANA World’s Fair of Money
August 11-15, 2015 in Chicago/Rosemont, IL.
See ANA convention reports by PNNA members.
- ANA Summer Seminar
June 20-July 2, 2015 in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
- PNNA Convention (66th Annual)
May 1-3, 2015 in Tukwila, WA
- ANA National Coin Week
April 19-25, 2015
Theme: “Building Tomorrows: Inspiration and Innovation at World’s Fairs.”
- ANA National Money Show in Portland, March 5-7, 2015 at the Oregon Convention Center. See the PNNA webpage for this show.
- The 4th Quarter 2015 16-page fall convention edition of The Nor’wester is available, and was mailed to members who receive print copies by the end of September.
- The 3rd Quarter 2015 8-page edition of The Nor’wester should have been mailed before the July 4 holiday, and is also available online (see link below).
- Convention Edition!
The 2nd Quarter 2015 16-page convention special edition of The Nor’wester is available, and was mailed to PNNA members on April 10.
- The 1st Quarter 2015 12-page edition of The Nor’wester was mailed in December.
- See the online editions page for the newsletters listed above and previous editions.
- Ancient Greek Coin Online Exhibit
An online exhibition entitled “Athenian Owls” is being hosted online by the Politismos Museum of Greek History, and is free to the public for viewing through March 2016 at www.PolitismosMuseum.org.
- Canadian Banknote Exhibit
“A Licence to Print Money,” an exhibit of historical Canadian banknotes, was on display in May and June 2015 at The Sidney Museum in British Columbia, Canada.
- PNNA Scholarships
Applications for the 2015 ANA Summer Seminar were due March 1 – see the 1st Quarter Nor’wester. The winners for 2015 were announced.