Another great year! 2016 was another great year for the PNNA, with the usual conventions in Tukwila and Portland, plus other activities and a new PNNA logo!
- PNNA-Willamette Coin Club 12th Annual Fall Convention & Coin Show
October 7-9, 2016 in Portland, OR (Dealer/exhibitor setup was on Oct. 7)
- Washington State (Puyallup) Fair
September 2-25, 2016
No volunteer is knowledgeable about all aspects of numismatics – if your question wasn’t answered or if you were unable to attend the Fair, please e-mail your question to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ANA World’s Fair of Money
August 9-13, 2016 in Anaheim, CA. See ANA convention reports by PNNA members.
- ANA Summer Seminar
June 18-30, 2016 in Colorado Springs, Colorado (pre-registration/tuition required to take courses).
- PNNA Convention (67th Annual)
April 22-24, 2016 in Tukwila, WA
- ANA National Coin Week
April 17-23, 2016
Theme: “Portraits of Liberty: Icon of Freedom.”
Mailing dates are for PNNA members subscribed to paper copies.
- Fall Convention Edition!
The 4th Quarter 2016 16-page fall convention edition of The Nor’wester was mailed by the end of September.
- The 3rd Quarter 2016 10-page edition of The Nor’wester should have been mailed before the July 4 holiday.
- Spring Convention Edition!
The 2nd Quarter 2016 16-page convention special edition of The Nor’wester was mailed.
- The 1st Quarter 2016 12-page edition of The Nor’wester was mailed in Dec. 2015.
- See the online editions page for the newsletters listed above and previous editions.
- New Logo! The new PNNA logo shown on this website was approved by the board on July 23, 2016. Thanks to Tim Garcia for designing this logo, based on the 75th anniversary medal design by Thomas D. Rogers.
- PNNA Scholarships
Applications for the 2016 ANA Summer Seminar were due March 1 – see the 1st Quarter Nor’wester. The winners for 2016 were announced.
- PNNA 75th Anniversary Medals – See the memorabilia catalog page.
- Ancient Greek Coin Online Exhibit
An online exhibition entitled “Athenian Owls” was being hosted online by the Politismos Museum of Greek History, and was free to the public for viewing through April 2016 at www.PolitismosMuseum.org.