Photo: James Reinders conducting the Boy Scout coin clinic at the PNNA/Willamette Coin Club fall show and “mini-convention” in Portland, Ore., October 23, 2010. James’ daughter Katie also conducted a Girl Scout coin clinic the same day. For current information about the Reinders’ activities, see the website and e-mail listed below.
Workshops with dates highlighted in BOLD are upcoming.
For more information, please visit http://collect3.com.
2023 Scouting Workshops
For Seattle area:
- April 15, 2023: A BSA coin collecting merit badge workshop is scheduled for Saturday, April 15, 2023, at 1 p.m, in Tukwila at the annual convention and spring coin show. See the flyer.
- For questions or to find out how to register for upcoming workshops, contact James Reinders and Tony Kalt at email@example.com.
- Tukwila Community Center map on Google.
Previous Scouting Workshops
- A BSA coin collecting merit badge workshop was held on Saturday, October 8, 2022, at 1 p.m, in Tukwila at the PNNA fall coin show. The workshop scheduled for the 2022 spring show was cancelled.
- Workshops scheduled for 2021 were cancelled or postponed.
- All in-person workshops scheduled for 2020 in Tukwila and Portland were cancelled, however, the September 2020 workshops in Tukwila were replaced by online Merit Badge workshops on Aug. 30 and Sept. 26 via Zoom.
- See the 1st Q 2021 edition of The Nor’wester for more information about online scouting workshops.
- Workshops were held in 2019 in both Tukwila in March and Portland in November.
Scout Numismatic Workshops being Organized
James Reinders volunteered to help PNNA and local clubs outreach more to scouting programs with numismatic youth programs. James maintains a website (http://collect3.com) with information about upcoming scout workshops and the actual requirements for the scouts to complete. James organized the scout clinics for the Portland 2009 and 2015 ANA National Money Shows, and is looking for more opportunities. “I’d like to have workshops at more of the major shows in the Pacific NW – including the ANA, the PNNA and the Salem shows. I’m interested in putting workshops together anywhere we can get scouts together,” James said. James is an active adult leader in Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts, and was previously the scoutmaster of a large troop in Oregon. James has done workshops at the PNNA/Willamette fall coin show in Portland (see photo above) and the PNNA spring convention and coin show in Tukwila.
How to contact James Reinders
If you have any suggestions or requests, need more information or want to pre-register, please contact James Reinders at the email address listed on one of the above flyers, or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org to have your message forwarded to him. Thank you!