The 4th Quarter 2020 edition of the PNNA’s publication, The Nor’wester, is now available online at https://pnna.org/news/pdf/PNNAnews2020_Q4.pdf.
Normally this would be the fall convention special edition, however, due to the cancellation of this year’s two fall shows (in Tukwila and Portland), it’s a smaller 8-page regular edition, but printed in color! Here’s a summary of the contents:
- PNNA President’s message by Ed Fischer.
- A summary of PNNA annual awards.
- Two short articles, “The Shortest National Bank Title” and “The Longest National Bank Title,” by Tom Tullis.
- An interesting feature article, “Coin Collecting Merit Badges — now done virtually!” by James Reinders and Tony Kalt.
- Advertisements by ANACS and Heritage Auctions. ANACS has a special offer, and Heritage has some great upcoming auctions as usual!
In addition, readers are encouraged to view two special World War II-related articles available via links on the homepage:
- The Short Snorter Project has released a book by Thomas J. Sparks titled The Short Snorter Project – Still Keeping the Memories Alive – Commemorating the 75th Anniversary of the End of World War II. The link on the website allows you to access the book for free on the Newman Numismatic Portal.
- Another WWII story – ”The Occupation of Hong Kong and the Life of a Veteran” by Michael Souza, is an abridged version of an award-winning article originally written in 2018 for the Royal Canadian Numismatic Association’s CN Journal. This is a 50-page PDF file (currently hosted directly on the PNNA website), well-illustrated and easy to read.
Back issues of The Nor’wester are also available at https://www.pnna.org/wp/news/the-norwester/norwester-online/. Once again, thank you for your interest in the PNNA!